Monday, February 4, 2013

Mushy Monday - Tommy's sickness

January 28th 2013 - the first time Tommy ever threw up, and I wasn't even there. I took they boys to spend the night with my parents last Monday night, only to return to pick up Tom about two hours later. He was committing, had diarrhea and wanted his mama. My mom said after he threw up he pointed at the door and was whining and she said you want mama? And he said yeah. Poor pitiful Tom!

I rushed to pick him up and felt so bad that I wasn't there when he got sick. He threw up for a little under 24 hours, got a fever, and then had horrible diarrhea for a few days. If you think this is gross, you didn't have to clean it up, and please don't feel pressured to read this. It really is for my memory sake. This is the sickest Tom has ever been. I took him to the doctor on Wednesday and he said it was the stomach bug and to do culturelle which is a kids probiotic powder to get his belly back on track. (FYI much cheaper at Walmart then it is at Walgreens, lesson learned). The doc said I could give Silas the probiotic too (1/2) the amount to try and help his stomach not get it. So far the rest of us have been spared, praise The Lord and pray that continues!

Tommy got so weak he couldn't walk, his little legs would just shake and wobble and give in. Today, a week later he just got his full appetite back but is still to weak to walk more than a few steps. But you can tell he feels so much better! When he was sick we would hold him and he would just scream & cry and there was nothing we could do to comfort him. It was awful. He slept a lot. We put the pack n play in the family room & he would sleep through us talking, watching to, etc. he was wiped out.

I am thankful that he has never been this sick before and I wish he would never be this sick again, but it's bound to happen. It broke my heart to see my boy in so much discomfort and to not be able to help him. But I am so glad that it was temporary and he's doing great now! Thank you Lord!

So I can't remember if I posted that Silas started clapping and signing more last week! And I'm too lazy to go back and read before posting, so oh well if I repeated myself! Silas is trying to actually say more too. It's pretty cute. It's crazy to think that Silas will probably talk and say words before Tommy. It will be weird but so fun! It was so sweet the first day Tommy got back on the floor to lay around, rather than always being in our arms & being purposefully separated from his brother, you could tell they missed each other. So sweet. And Maggie missed Tom too!

My parents were so kind and selfless to help while Tommy was sick. My mom kept Silas Tuesday, which allowed me to focus on caring for Tommy & my dad took Wednesday off of work to come and help me ALL day while Kyle was gone to class (it was his first day of class otherwise he would have skipped to help me) & work (which he had almost missed two weeks of from him having a horrible cold & some of his students being sick). Pap Pap used his vacation time to help me, and I would not have made it through the day without him, literally! Tommy wanted to constantly be held & I can't do that & feed Silas. Poor Silas was neglected some this past week but we're trying to make up for it now! Thank you thank you thank you mom & dad! You are the very best!

My sister Jennifer came over Friday night to help too! It was so nice to have a visitor and she entertained Tom & gave me a break. She went and got him his own ice cream sundae from McDonald's too! She kind of spoils him. Just a little bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment