Saturday, February 23, 2013

1...2...3

We are having our third little baby! So whenever I find out someone is pregnant I have lots of questions that run through my brain so let's see if I can answer anything you might be wondering.

Yes this baby was a big surprise.

Tommy is 34 months old and Silas is 9 months old. When the new baby comes Tommy will be 3 1/2 and Silas will be 16 months old.

My due date is September 13th, 2013 and I am currently 11 weeks along.

We will be finding out if our little one is a boy or girl this time! Woo - fist time we're ever finding out so this has made me super excited. I am hoping for a girl, Kyle thinks we're having a boy. We should find out mid to end April.

We are very happy and very excited, truly, even though this was not what we had planned. God clearly has a plan for this child's life and we're excited to see what it is.

If the baby is a girl her name will be Ella Christine, if the baby is a boy we have no idea what the name will be. Tommy has suggested Abracadabra.

We do not have a set number of children we'd like to have it honestly I would be A Okay with three little blessings. I say that now but time will tell. And clearly it is not just up to us.

Yes we do know how this keeps happening.

So far family and friends have been super supportive and encouraging when we've shared the news and we are very grateful for that. When I first thought that I might be pregnant I felt a little embarrassed thinking people would think we were being irresponsible. But we know God is in control and His will is better than ours, and we know He says children are a blessing, and we agree!

I have been feeling pretty good, nauseated at times but overall it's been tolerable. I am tired but it seems like I have more energy this pregnancy than I did with Silas. I have started getting the dreaded tension headaches that I got with both boys but warm showers to loosen my neck muscles and caffeine seem to help the most. With Silas Benadryl helped tremendously but not this time around.

I am having a lot more difficulty with food this pregnancy. It's insane. Things that I usually love sound repulsive and I can't eat it. It's becoming difficult, annoying, and wasteful. Something will sound good, I'll make it, take a few bites and I can't eat it. It's gross. This is so sad because I love to eat. I need to eat but sometimes it's so discouraging I wait as long as I possibly can.

I am still nursing Silas. Breast feeding is not birth control. Poster child right here. Yes the doctors and nurses warned me, but what do they know? Haha! I am weaning him now, we're down to one feeling a day and soon I will be finished all together. I'm super pumped about this! (For all you moms out there wondering, I was nursing four times a day when this sweet surprise happened, he was eating baby food too though)

I have no clue where we are going to put this third cold. Our house is perfect for our family of four but will be cramped with five, but that's okay we're blessed to live here for such a good deal ;) right mom and dad?! (They own the house we live in and are very generous landlords. The best I've ever had!)

We will be looking into getting a better minivan, we have a suuuuuuuper used van that is running out of steam and is really only used on occasion.

The boys are really excited. Just kidding, they have no clue what's going on, but if you ask Tommy if he wants to be a big brother again he says "yeah". He also says that if you ask him if he wants a spanking. ;)

I think that about covers it. The end.




2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you all! God is sovereign and baby #3 is such a blessing! If anyone can handle three children ages 3 and under its definitely you and Kyle so I wouldn't worry about what others think :) you and Kyle are very responsible parents and love your children well!! They are all blessed to have you two as parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again dear! I'm in the same boat as far as timing with Eb and the next baby, he will be 18 months when Eva is born. We were still nursing (are still nursing) but he was eating a lot of solids.

    So excited to see another family welcoming new life as the Lord brings it! I totally understand the hesitation telling folks. We are trying to leave how many babies we have up to the Lord and its really hard to explain that to people.

    Love you all, you don't know what an encouragement you are!

    ReplyDelete