Monday, July 9, 2012

Mushy Monday

Well clearly I am slacking when it comes to blogging but I'm hoping that if I am intentional to write them ahead of time, when I actually have the spare time, that I will start doing better. So life as a mom of two is a lot more work than I anticipated. And that's mainly because Silas was not the happiest camper his first few weeks of life. But I am happy to report that he is doing much better! He has his moments or days when he's fussy but he is now consolable and Tommy is learning to be more patient when he wants attention.

I am actually really enjoying having two boys now. I was very scared the first few weeks b/c to be frank, I was not enjoying it. But it's hard when you have a baby that won't stop crying and a two year old who wants to be loved on and played with and it seems like you can't keep either of them happy. At the time I thought I didn't want more kids but my mind has now changed. I just think we'll try to space them apart a little longer next time, but the Lord may have other plans, we shall see.

Silas is 7 weeks old today! He is such a handsome little guy and he is so sweet. He is smiling, his favorite smiley time is in the mornings, when it's just me and him. Tommy is really starting to like him now, he comes up and gets in his face and smiles at him, gives him kisses, loves on him. But we also deal with Tommy hitting him, not really hard but it's in a mean/I want a reaction from mom and dad, type of way. So he gets in trouble if he does that, or if he intentionally throws a toy at him. He's only intentionally thrown a block at him once or twice and he threw it softly - it was clear he knew he wasn't supposed to be doing it. Oh the life of a rebellious toddler. Tommy is definitely testing the waters these days. And in big news - he now knows how to throw a fit! AAAH! Where do kids learn this stuff?! But we are quick to discipline him in hopes that it won't stick. I mean when I was little I never threw a fit! My mom commented the other day that Tommy was just taking after his mama. I was the baby of four girls, I threw way too many fits. Oh well, we do the best we can. He's a happy healthy, beautiful two year old boy and we love him so much!



It's been so fun for me to watch Kyle and Tommy's relationship change in the past couple of months. Tommy is his daddy's shadow. Kyle loves to play computer games and now he has to shut the door to the office when he goes play or his shadow comes in and takes over the office. Kyle let's him come in for a little while and sit with him, but then Tom gets antsy and starts pulling things off the desk or knocking things over. Anyway this morning Kyle was walking out of the family room towards the office and I said, "Are you going to play a game?" and Tommy responded, "Yeah." Haha it was hilarious! Kyle is enjoying the extra attention from Tommy too. Tommy's at a fun age where he loves to play little games and is very curious about everything. It gives me so much joy to watch Kyle and Tommy's friendship. I love it! Oh and Kyle has also informed me that this "hobby" of video and computer games is going to end up costing us big bucks some day when all three of them need their own computer to play games together. Oh my word!


In other Silas news - he has become more content in the past few weeks, we can actually sit him down in the bouncy seat or swing for a while and he won't cry, which is very nice for the rest of the family. He is a super fast eater, he eats for 10 minutes or less. The other day, during a growth spurt I'm sure, he nursed for a total of 15 minutes! I was shocked! Haha I love that he's a quick eater though, it makes nursing a billion times easier. And his muscle tone makes it waaaaaay easier too! However, Kyle and I both agree that a huge advantage to low muscle tone is a snugly baby. Silas likes to snuggle but he's stiff, Tommy is our little bowl of flexible jello! Tommy actually has decent muscle tone but he isn't rigid. I know it's good for Silas to have good muscle tone but there are perks to lower muscle tone too. Silas is now getting up once in the middle of the night to eat, which is pretty sweet. However he is not the most sound sleeper. He cries a lot in his sleep, so I think he's awake and come check on him but he's asleep. And lately he is not wanting to nap in his bed/bassinet. Oh well, we'll figure it all out with time. One last thing, then I'm getting off her to hang out with my husband for the rest of nap time. We have thought all along that Tommy and Silas don't really look alike, turns out we kind of forgot what Tommy looked like as a baby. I found a few pictures where they look so much alike! The main difference is their eyes, the shape and size. They both have beautiful eyes but they're very different. I was thrilled when I saw they looked alike! I love my precious boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment