Monday, September 5, 2011

Mushy Monday

So unless you have experienced what my Mushy Monday is about, you probably won't agree that it's super exciting. I say that because I never thought it was a big deal when this happened to other people. Well this week I found my best friend from elementary school on facebook! And we have been messaging each other back and forth - reminiscing and catching up on what's been happening for the past 13 years or so since we last saw each other.

It has been so much fun! It's like my mind kept all of these memories from 2nd grade stored some where and all of the sudden they're coming back.

Her name is Becky and she was such a sweet friend of mine. And after catching up with her through facebook I feel like we're still friends. Isn't it funny how someone you got along with in 2nd grade you could still get along with after all those years? There's a lot of changing and growing up that goes on in all those years.

Anyhow it has given me such joy to get to know her again. She moved away in 6th grade (I think I have that right) and we didn't keep in contact. Pre-facebook days. At first when I saw she had written on a mutual friend's facebook page, I couldn't decide if I should ask her to be my friend and what I should write in the message to let her know who I was. But I knew I was over thinking it, I knew I would've wanted her to ask to be my friend if she saw my name. So then I started to write her a message saying "I don't know if you remember me but..." then I realized how dumb that was and I figured if she didn't remember me then that would be weird. So we started writing back and forth and I've greatly,greatly enjoyed it.

Sweet childhood memories are absolutely precious! Childhood is such a care-free and innocent time. One thing I remember was going to Cincinnati with Becky and her family. We got to get out of school early, and we went to the zoo and an amusement park. I loved the zoo! I thought the Bald Eagles were especially neat. It was a blast! Probably my favorite part was getting to leave school early to go on vacation with my best friend! She has such a sweet family, and they were so kind to include me on their trip.

I hope Tommy has great friends in his life as he grows up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment