Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mushy Monday!

I am so blessed to have so many wonderful things happen to me through out the week that when I start to think what I'm going to post about it's hard to pick one thing. And, obviously I don't usually only talk about one thing so who cares?!

My favorite thing about this week was going on a date with my husband! It had been far too long! We went to dinner, to Lowes, and a movie. Then we went to the grocery store to get ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies and we got a few other goodies and went home and relaxed - watched some shows and made the cookies and ate them! Kyle now prefers cookies from scratch but I can't seem to make them without them turning out cakey :( blah! They have a great taste but aren't chewy or cookie-like. So I asked a friend for a new recipe for next time b/c I've had her cookies and they are DELICIOUS! But this could be bad too, Kyle may request them far more often this way!

My parents are always so willing to watch Tommy and have him spend the night. And this week I NEEDED the break. Kyle knew I did too so he was all for it. Tommy has been sick, we're pretty sure he had Roseola, and it made for a very fussy, long, less sleep, filled week.

I really enjoyed being out to dinner with Kyle and getting to eat bites when ever I wanted to and not having to feed anyone else while I ate. It was very enjoyable. We saw the Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie and it was really good. Only bad part was I got a bad headache during the movie - I'm pretty sure it was from lack of sleep. When I go for a while on less sleep than I need I get bad headaches. But I took a little nap (way late at night when others are actually asleep for the night) while Kyle watched some shows when we got home and that made my headache go away, thankfully.

But the reason I loved this date is b/c I really enjoy spending alone time with Kyle. I'm so glad we still like each other. Obviously we love each other and we believe that it is a choice to love someone but sometimes in marriages you know two people love each other but they don't really appear to like each other any more. And I really like Kyle, a lot. He has such a great sense of humor and the Lord has made us very compatible. We have definitely grown more compatible with time and it makes life so much more fun.

And I will leave you with this AWESOME video of our little guy!



He makes it look super easy to do this - but it has taken him a long time to learn and he seemed to figure it out, out of no where. And for that we praise the Lord for Tommy's progress! Kyle laughs at me b/c I get so excited over every new thing that Tommy does but it really is a big deal.  Tommy has endured hours of therapy since he has been born so we CELEBRATE when he accomplishes something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment