Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mushy Post

Okay so I will try really hard to keep my Mushy Monday posts on Monday! My lovely sister Julie and niece are in town again and I like to hang out with them as much as possible so sometimes that means I slack off in other areas - my blog, my house, my groceries, etc. I was sick last week so I didn't go grocery shopping either so we are running out of food, today Kyle said, "Ummm babe, the house is kind of going crazy. There's no food, no dishes, empty boxes everywhere (from what food there was)..." (He wasn't mad, he was mainly teasing me but also asking when I was going grocery shopping)There is food and there were dishes, just clean in the dishwasher.  But I totally agree, we need more food and I definitely need to straighten up the house and put away the dishes, I just don't feel like it. Oh well it will get done - probably straightening up before the grocery b/c the weather is looking a little gloomy.

This post is not going to be one that I need for my memory's sake, unlesss I completely lose my mind for some reason. But I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (not enough o's to get my point across) thankful for my parents. My mom and dad spoil me, Kyle, and Tommy rotten.  They watched Tommy for a whole weekend, which was just intended to be one night, so I could get our house cleaned (which I did do, but now it's a little messy again, that's just how it goes) but also and I would say mainly b/c they just love spending time with Tommy. Last week was not the most eventful for Tommy since I was sick, he spent a lot of time playing in the family room and not getting to do much else. But I know when he goes to Nana and Pappy's house that he gets to do all kinds of fun stuff. He goes swinging, on wagon rides, to visit the neighbors. Tommy has his grandparents wrapped around his finger. If he even starts to whine, Nana runs to him to entertain him. I am so thankful that we live close to each other and are able to spend so much time together.  They are a huge help. My mom makes good food when we visit sometimes and when Kyle is working I just take him the leftovers home for dinner (which is super nice when you haven't been grocery shopping) or my parents will take us out to eat for delicious dinners too. They are extremely generous with their time and their money and they always tell us how much they enjoy spoiling us.

In the past couple of years I have been able to see how much of a role parents play in their children's lives.  Kyle worked at a home for troubled boys and it was apparent how integral each parent is to a child's life. And this may sound dumb, but even from watching a few shows on Netflix about addicts - there were so many who had a parent who left or some major issue with one or both of their parents.  But when you have good parents - you don't know what it's like to have bad ones, and I'm glad I don't know what that's like.  It makes me appreciate my parents.  And now that they are grandparents I appreciate that role they play too, not everyone has super supportive grandparents who want and ask for their grandkids to spend the night b/c they want to take care of them and have some quality time with them.

So thanks Mom and Dad, Nana and Pappy! Kyle, Tommy, and I love you so much and we appreciate all that you do!


This is one of my very favorite pictures of Tommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment