Monday, March 25, 2013

Mushy Monday - Circles of Life

I'm not quite sure where to begin this post. Trying to think where to start has already made me cry. Oh pregnancy hormones. I'll start with what sparked me wanting to write this. The boys and I were dancing in the family room, yet again. And the song, "I want to hold your hand" came on. So we're dancing. I had Silas in my arms and Tommy dancing close by my feet - spinning in circles. And I remembered singing a line of that to my Papaw Daimon many many times. I honestly don't remember when I started singing it to him but I know I sang it a lot after he was in the nursing home. I would like to sit by him and hold his hand and I would sing, "I want to hold your haaaand, I want to hold your hand." And he would usually sing it/say it back to me. That is a precious and dear memory to my heart. So I told the boys as we danced - mommy used to sing this with your Papaw Daimon. These baby boys are already spoiled rotten, I can only imagine how crazy Papaw would have been about them. Granny Jane will say stuff like that a lot - I wish Papaw could see them, he would be so proud, and then she always says but I know he can from heaven. I thought it was pretty great to think about how the song had come full circle and we were making some new sweet memories dancing to it and I liked that it gave me an opportunity to tell them about Papaw Daimon - even if they won't remember it right now.

I love how things like that can take us back to memories and cherished time with our family.



I also want to remember a few things from this past week or so. March 19th, Silas pulled up to standing! He isn't doing it a lot, but he wants to so bad. He's trying to pull up on everything but doesn't quite have the balance. He also has started shaking his head no - he doesn't do it to really say no but it's really funny. He knows the sign "more" and we think he knows "eat" and "all done" - which is kind of crazy b/c we haven't really been trying to teach him. March 21st was World Down Syndrome day and was a sweet and fun day just to be thankful and celebrate people who have a third copy of the 21st chromosome - hence the date 3/21. Silas also turned 10 months old on 3/21, and I FELT THE BABY MOVE! HIP HIP HOORAY! I love it! It was bittersweet thinking this might be the last time I feel my baby's first movement. I am feeling, thinking, and praying about us making this baby the last we have by birth, hopefully to adopt some time in the future. Clearly the Lord may have other plans so I guess we'll go with His! Haha! It's just harder being pregnant with more kids, I want time of not being pregnant or always having a new, sweet baby while they're little, I feel like three and some day four is the amount of attention my mind could focus on and that seem to be the max. I don't want to be spread so thin I can't enjoy and invest in them the way the Lord commands us to and the way I want to.

Tommy and Silas have been playing so much together. They are so sweet. It is however a constant battle trying to teach Tommy not to take E V E R Y toy from Silas. It's driving me a little bonkers, not gonna lie. It's one of those things that it's impossible to police all the time - I can't wash dishes or go down the hall way without hearing Silas cry and coming back to find Tommy standing over him with the toy that was in Silas' hands when I left the room. Sheesh la weesh. Hopefully with time it will get better. If not Tommy's moving out. Haha! NEVER! My boys will always want to live with their mom. Wait, no I don't want creepy mom loving adult men. I want responsible, Godly, wanting to live in the same neighborhood, who cherish and appreciate and love their mom men. :)

By the way may I encourage you to write your spouse a love note this week?! Thank you b/c I'm going to anyway. Make it short, make it long, write it however you want. Just take the time to give them something tangible to see that you appreciate and love them. Encourage them with your words and be sincere don't just try to be romantic. Something that I would write to Kyle may not seem romantic to others but could have deep significance in our relationship - like Kyle bringing me home a bite size candy bar or snack size bag of skittles. That's romance to me baby - one of my favorite forms! I just think love notes are nice, for me it's easier to write out mushy things then to say them and I know I have Kyle's focused attention, as opposed to when I'm talking and there's other things going on or he's not in a serious mood and starts joking around (which I've totally done too.) It also makes you, the writer, slow down and really think about the things that person does that you love, admire, and appreciate. It's nice. It's encouraging. Pray for them too before you write it.


No comments:

Post a Comment