Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Meals for this week and next...

So our meal plan is a little off this week and next - it should be good for me though b/c I shouldn't need to go to the store (at least for a big trip) next week. We have six options.
1.)Pot Roast, potatoes, carrots, and rolls (still haven't done this one b/c we had too many leftovers so I froze the roast)
2.)Crockpot Lasagna (didn't do this last week b/c my hubby surprised me with our 2nd honeymoon)
3.)Chicken Fajitas (a favorite that we haven't had in a couple of weeks)
4.)My mom's vegetable soup (freezing the leftovers)
5.)Jalapeno Popper Creamy Sandwiches (first time try, got 5 stars) I'll probably add a little bacon to it as someone suggested in their comments
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/jalapeno-popper-grilled-cheese-sandwich/detail.aspx
6.)Baked BBQ chicken, shells'n'cheese, crescent rolls

My mom's veggie soup (so good - way better than what I tried to make before)
She boils her beef first, but we don't actually care for the meat in the soup but we like the flavor. So I'll be using beef stock. She fills a big pot up about 3/4 of the way with water (I think, I'll have to check with her on this) puts salt and pepper. I'll add beef stock. 1 can peas with the juice. 1 can corn, drained. 1 can green beans, drained. 1 can carrots drained.1 potato. 1 can tomato sauce. YUMMY! We like to put tobasco sauce on it. Have I mentioned we like spicy food?! See meal option 5!!! I feel like there is probably more to this soup than I know so I'll double check with my mom but this is what she told me! I should probably apologize to my mom too - I was such a picky eater when I was little, now I LOVE her food. So glad my tastebuds have matured. Love you mom!

Mom call and tell me if this recipe is wrong or missing something. Thanks! And I'll correct the recipe on here if I'm wrong.

By the way the more I do this the more I LOVE it! I find cooking to be much easier. I know when I need to look for easier recipes. To be honest I haven't done any really hard ones. I actually am prefering to eat at home as opposed to out for probably the first time in my life. I like being in control of what we're having and being able to change it if we don't like it. I hate paying for fast food or even restaurant food and then not really enjoying it. I feel like the Lord has blessed my efforts to serve our family in this way and I'm grateful for it. It may sound silly but it truly is a blessing to enjoy cooking and eating with my family.

1 comment:

  1. If you guys like smoked sausage and pasta I have a super easy recipe on my fb page under the notes. Quade loves it too and he's a picky eater! :)

    ReplyDelete