Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Belated Mushy Monday

This mushy post is late b/c I was on a romantic getaway, a second honeymoon, with my hubby! I've decided every trip we go on, just the two of us, will be dubbed an additional honeymoon! We would really like to visit all of the United States within our lifetime, together. We'll see if that can happen. So far we've been to four...wah wah. Lord willing, we'll be able to increase that number! Well it's pretty obvious that is what I want to remember from this week. We went to a modern bed and breakfast at the Abbey Inn in Nashville, IN. We wouldn't really be into the old timey, antique B&B. However ours did not come with breakfast. Kyle and I are like a couple of elementary age kids - we get lots of junk food, rent lots of movies, and stay up late and sleep in for fun. That's our version of a good time. Oh and we had a hot tub in our room! AMAZING! We've decided we love this for a short get away. We watched a movie from the hot tub. FUN! But it was a very refreshing break, especially for me. Kyle was so intentional about being romantic and sweet. He's romantic and sweet a lot, but he was the kind of romantic and sweet that I enjoy (which requires more self-control and being intentional on his part). By self-control I mean, not constantly joking around. That is Kyle's nature, I love it & I appreciate it, but sometimes I want him to be serious. And he was. And I LOVED it. It lasted about half of the trip, which is a really long time for him. I told him I thought about when we were dating, how he was sweet like that a lot more, but he didn't live with me, so he got breaks from the "serious" sweetness. He could go hang out with this friends and goof off and then come back and be sweet again to me. But I like his goofiness too. It's his way of flirting with me and I like that he still flirts with me after four years of marriage. However, we have some serious talks about what "flirting" is. I am laughing as I'm writing this too, b/c once again we're like elementary school kids. By picking on me and being "mean" (jokingly) Kyle thinks he's flirting with me. Haha I secretly love that he thinks that way, b/c it's so him and I love him. (Don't worry about him finding out me secretly loving it, he wouldn't even think about reading this blog, he forgot I had it the other day.) Anyway, he makes me laugh a lot (even when I'm mad at him, which is counterproductive at proving my point that he's making me mad). Kyle is a wonderful man and I thank the Lord that He blessed me with such a husband. And such a good looking husband at that! There are so many things that I love and appreciate about him, I won't start to list them (not now anyway) but I definitely want to remember this trip in all my years to come. I hope all our future honeymoons are comparable to this one.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Jill! Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time! The hot tub in the room sounds awesome! Also, Adam and I like to vacation like you and Kyle. It's definitely the way to do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete